Dr. Sharon Giese, American Board Certified Surgeon
Sharon Giese MD is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. With a fellowship-trained specialty in breast procedures, Dr. Giese is internationally known for her excellence in breast augmentation, augmentation lift, implant lift, uneven breast correction and a variety of body contouring and large volume liposuction procedures. She is also known for being a pioneer in the medical industry thanks to the development of her Signature Procedures, including the Natural Lift, Cleavage Lift and T-Pellets.
Dr. Sharon Giese has been the recipient of multiple prestigious grants over the years. Her involvement in innovative research on the effects of liposuction has expanded knowledge on cardiac risk factors and weight loss prevention following surgery. Dr. Giese’s research has been featured in publications such as The Wall Street Journal and Allure magazine. Television programs have featured her as an authority on plastic surgery in many broadcasts, including CBS’ The Early Show, The Dr. Oz Show , FOX, ABC’s Good Morning America and NBC’s The Today Show. Additionally, The Learning Channel (TLC) produced a special, following one of Dr. Sharon Giese’s patients through a large liposuction procedure. The program demonstrates the true power of her advanced technique, highlighting the life-changing body contouring and weight loss results that are achievable following this procedure.*
Dr Sharon Giese is a nationally recognized expert on the benefits of large volume liposuction and its benefits for weight loss. In addition to her private practice, Dr. Sharon Giese has been a clinical assistant professor at the School University of New York (SUNY) Health Science Center in Brooklyn. She has consulted the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) Device Squad for “Safety in Liposuction,” and she is the Medical Director and Founder of Arete Medical Foundation, Inc, which conducts medical research relating to diabetes and its prevention. This company strives to provide diabetes prevention awareness to the public and to mentor young doctors by aiding their research efforts.
- Vassar College; Poughkeepsie, NY
- Northwestern Medical School; Chicago, IL
- Stanford University; Stanford, CA: Surgical Training
- Stanford University; Stanford, CA: Plastic Surgery Training
- Georgetown University; Washington DC: Fellowship In Breast and Cosmetic Surgery
- Research Affiliated with National Institutes of Health (NIH): Northwestern University, Stanford University, Georgetown University and Columbia University
Certifications and Associations
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- Arete Medical Foundation and Founder
- Madison Square Boys and Girls Club
Memberships and Professional Affiliations
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- Northeast Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Inspector, Am Assoc. of Accreditations of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- New York Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital
- New York
- Washington DC (inactive)
* Patients individual results may vary.
|The Female Patient March 2003- A Peer Reviewed Journal||Consultations On Reduction Mammoplasty|
|The Female Patient Feb 2003- A Peer Reviewed Journal||History and Use of the 21st Centuries’ Fountain of Youth|
|The Female Patient 2003- Your Guide To Total Health Care||Looking Happier With Botox|
|Research At Georgetown University. Presented At The American Society For Plastic Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Orlando, Florida, May 16, 2000||Improvements in Cardiovascular Risk Profile with Large-Volume Liposuction: A Pilot Study|
|The Journal of Craniofacial Surgery 1993||Surgical Treatment of Patients with Lobar Holoprosencephaly: A Personal Note|
|Oxford University Press 1991||Mutations in 16S rRNA in Escherichia coli at methylmodified sites: G996, C967, and G1207|
Dr. Sharon Giese and her staff are happy to schedule a consultation with you about plastic surgery. For more information on plastic surgery and Dr. Sharon Giese, please request an appointment online or call us at 212.421.3400.